Thursday, June 27, 2013

Exterior Inspiration

We're meeting an architect today, so I am collecting some ideas of what we want.

If it were entirely up to me, this is the house we would build.


If it were entirely up to MrDinks, we'd build this.


Hmm, this is going to be tough.

This is our neighbour across the street. Other houses in the immediate vicinity are equally modern. So I think MrDinks has an advantage here. My dream house above is going to look out of place next to this.

This is a house here in Calgary that we both like the exterior of. We probably should have bought it, but it was the top of our price range, and didn't have a garage. I also didn't like the location, and most of the interior was not to my taste. And we wouldn't have the fun(?) of building our own.


This house is a plan the MrDinks found. I think it might work. I like the exterior look, and the floorplan is very close to what I want. I would want the second floor window more centered, and Douglas fir posts instead of stone pillars. MrDinks would want the posts angled, but I think that would be too many angles.




1 comment:

  1. MrDinks has incredibly good taste in homes.

    ReplyDelete