So, February 13 has passed and I know you're all wondering if Ryan met the deadline...
On Monday, the 10th, he got some extra drawings into the city that are required for the discretionary process. These were simply more copies of what he submitted before, without our changes to make it more acceptable. I guess this got us into the queue while he worked on the changes.
On Wednesday, the 12th, I phoned the city to ask if we could put up notices asking for the neighbours' input. We are under the impression that the neighbours need at least a few months notice. According to the guy who answers the phone in the city planning department, we can't put up a notice until a file manager has been assigned to our application, and this has not happened yet. He also said that the notice only needs to be up for 7 days. If that's true (and we've been told untrue things by the city phone answerers before), then there's less panic. In the mean time, I confirmed that Ryan was still working on the revised drawings.
On Saturday, the 15th, we got the revised drawings from Ryan. Missed the 13th, but since we are waiting on the city anyway, we aren't too concerned. We had also asked for some minor changes to the windows, since they were designed to be very low to the floor, and too far from the ceiling. MrDinks and I went over the new drawings and had a few questions we sent back to Ryan. Things like we asked for window A to be taller, which he did. But then he made Window B shorter. And missing notes. Minor things. We are now waiting again to hear from Ryan and/or the city.
On Monday, the 10th, he got some extra drawings into the city that are required for the discretionary process. These were simply more copies of what he submitted before, without our changes to make it more acceptable. I guess this got us into the queue while he worked on the changes.
On Wednesday, the 12th, I phoned the city to ask if we could put up notices asking for the neighbours' input. We are under the impression that the neighbours need at least a few months notice. According to the guy who answers the phone in the city planning department, we can't put up a notice until a file manager has been assigned to our application, and this has not happened yet. He also said that the notice only needs to be up for 7 days. If that's true (and we've been told untrue things by the city phone answerers before), then there's less panic. In the mean time, I confirmed that Ryan was still working on the revised drawings.
On Saturday, the 15th, we got the revised drawings from Ryan. Missed the 13th, but since we are waiting on the city anyway, we aren't too concerned. We had also asked for some minor changes to the windows, since they were designed to be very low to the floor, and too far from the ceiling. MrDinks and I went over the new drawings and had a few questions we sent back to Ryan. Things like we asked for window A to be taller, which he did. But then he made Window B shorter. And missing notes. Minor things. We are now waiting again to hear from Ryan and/or the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment