It's been a while since the last update. and I'll blame the new job. I actually only worked 2 days, and then we went away for a week. But I'm blaming the job anyway.
Before we left on our trip, some progress was made on the house, baby steps. The most exciting thing is that the tub got lifted up to the second floor.
We also got our building permit for the garage, and got the garage marked out and the utilities marked again for the excavators.
This is what the house looked like when we left on our trip. Framer was working on the roof trusses.
We then left for a week long road trip to Whistler for mountain biking, Surrey for Thanksgiving dinner with family, and Spokane, WA for architectural salvage shopping. Salvage shopping was a bust.
While we were traveling, I got our steel post ordered, as well as our temporary stairs. We also found out that our garage is actually planned, approved, and marked out to be placed 2 feet from the property line, not 4 like we thought. So that means that our temporary power pole is in the way of the garage. So I have that scheduled to be moved this week. Excavation will happen on Wednesday.
Otherwise, not much progress happened on the house while we were away. Not much noticeable progress anyway. Framer is still working on the roof trusses. They weren't built according to the plans, so he's having to adjust walls as he goes. The roof trusses are mostly on.


No comments:
Post a Comment