Tuesday, July 22, 2014

No BP...

So, I was right to be skeptical. When Ryan said last week, "I have an appointment on Tuesday," he meant NEXT Tuesday.

He doesn't actually need an appointment. He can go in any day and wait in line. And I understand that he's a busy guy, and standing in line at the city isn't the best use of his time. Or anyone's really. But we need to get this going. So he could have just fixed the drawings and sent them to me and I could have taken them in. But no, he figured he had another week to sit on these small changes.

With my harassment yesterday, he figured out I was expecting this today, so he agreed to go in on Thursday. Ok, only 2 more days.

Then tonight, he sent me an email asking for the engineering for the deck posts. Engineering for the deck posts? Who engineers their deck posts? The deck is less than 2' off the ground. Plus, if this was necessary, why not ask for it 6 days ago when we decided the engineering was done? BIL was CC'd on this, and he called me to talk me out of going to Ryan's house with a shovel.

He thinks Ryan is referring to the porch posts, not the deck posts. How does an architect not understand the difference between a porch and a deck? There are posts at the front of the porch, holding up a roof. BIL is waiting for Ryan to put these posts on the drawing. They don't need to be engineered, they just need to be put on the drawing so everyone knows where to put them.

So, we wait on Ryan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment