Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Moving again.

The spraycrete guy called me on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, I left my phone in the car, so I got a voicemail rather than answering myself. His message said that he was sorry, but our job didn't make it into his operator's file. But he IS the operator? And also his office staff was out of town. All week? So, he'd "try" to get the mesh placed on Monday, and spray on Tuesday.

I think he heard that I spoke to several concrete guys in the city and told them that he'd disappeared. He's now getting in touch with me to put an end to those rumours.

Since MrDinks and I had already picked up the wood, and BIL was scheduled to start the wall on Monday, I phoned the spraycrete guy back. I called back the number that he called from, so he answered. I told him that because he hadn't come to the site when he was scheduled, and nobody had called, we had since made alternate arrangements and his services were no longer required. He didn't seem surprised or upset.

I am still in shock that after a week of silence, he thought we were going to just allow him to come when he felt like and pay him crazy money.

So BIL and his labourer (who MrDinks refers to as "the intern"), started on Monday morning with the expectation of being done on Tuesday. At 11am, he sent us a photo of the finished wall.


The foundation walls are starting tomorrow, Wednesday.

I've made a decision on the window supplier. The Direct Buy finally got his installation quote, and he comes out to more expensive than the other company. So, we're not going with Direct Buy. Gotta get these ordered this week.

I also decided to go with the cheap and/or fast framer, and scheduled him. I'm nervous, but we'll watch him closely to start.

Also, we were at the lot yesterday, and found an empty beer can in the hole. That's going to the bottle depot. If we get 9999999 more, the house will be paid for!

No comments:

Post a Comment